The Tephrocactus Study Group
- Define what is a Tephrocactus
- To gather as much material as possible on the subject to help us in the task
- Organise and collect original descriptions of each species including photographs
- Exchange material of authenticated plants
- Exchange experience of growing and flowering plants
- Distribute material and seed
- Have an Annual Meeting to discuss progress and bring plants for comparison
- Publish a quarterly Journal (ceased at the end of 2012)
- Establish Reference Plants from member's collections giving a TSG reference number
- Subgroups for inclusion: Maihueniopsis, Punotia, Tunilla, Pterocactus, etc.
Articles will be distributed electronically through this website and will be freely available.
There are five articles in a 2014 Free on-line Journal.
Most discussion now takes place through the TSG Facebook Group.
The 2018 Annual Meeting will be held on Sunday 13th May 2018.
Doors open at 10.30 for 11am start, and the meeting will finish around 4pm.
Address: Coddington Village Hall, Main Street, Coddington, NEWARK, NG24 2PN
There will be plant sales and three illustrated talks:
Paul Hoxey "Opuntias in Peru"
Mike Partridge "Small Opuntias in habitat and cultivation"
Dave Appleton "The Michael Kiessling Opuntia Collection"
Tea and coffee will be provided. Bring you own lunch or join other attendees in the nearby pub for a carvery.